Future Leaders in Sustainable Transport
A platform for young minds to share transformative solutions to the challenges of sustainable urban mobility. PechaKucha-style.
0200 to 0300PM, Friday, January 17, 2014
Update (Jan. 9, 2014) : The call for presenters is now closed.
Call for presenters (closed)
Share innovative ideas with 500+ attendees. We are looking for innovative concepts and fresh thinking. We will select 8 panelists and give each one 400 seconds for a PechaKucha style presentation. PechaKucha 20x20 is a simple presentation format in which the presenter shows 20 images, each for 20 seconds, and speaks as the images advance automatically.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Leadership and governance: building the will and capacity to implement sustainable transport solutions
- Finance: leveraging private finance, climate finance, and national investments to fund “the future we want”
- Mid-size cities: looking beyond top-tier cities to examine the needs for the next wave of urban transport development
- Data and technology: exploring the use of innovative technology and big data to engage citizens and optimize transport solutions
- Traffic safety: on the many intersections of safety and sustainability
Application and important dates
Anyone is eligible to submit ideas, and those who wish to present must register for Transforming Transportation 2014.
Please send the first eight slides of your presentation to Heshuang Zeng at firstname.lastname@example.org by 12:00 pm EST on January 9, 2014.
In your email, please also indicate your name, affiliation, position, contact phone number, and a maximum 150-word description of your presentation.
Our evaluation committee will assess applications based on their originality, substance and innovation. Finalists will be notified by phone or email on January 10, 2014. Final presentations for selected panelists are due by 5:00 pm EST on January 14, 2014 to Heshuang Zeng.